Sunday 8 November 2009

I've Made A Decision - Sort Of

It's the big half century birthday for me in June next year and I've been toying with the idea of running a fifty miler. I was looking at various places to run it and I think I've decided on a route where friends and family can best join me. I thought I might drive up towards Stoke-On-Trent in North Staffordshire and join the canal between there and Stone. I will start from there with anyone who wants to join me and run South along the canals through Stone, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Stourbridge and home to Kinver. Various people have agreed to join me either for five, ten or fifteen miles and some are playing with the idea of running the full fifty with me. I will map the route with stops at pubs and locks where people can join me or leave me. We can get a top-up with food, gels and drinks at the stops too. I learned from the last ultra that I will need some junk food too. I had a craving for stew with salt, chips with salt, crisps with salt and... well, something salty. I also underestimated how much water we needed. There were three of us running Hadrian's Wall in two days. That worked out to forty one and forty three miles on each day. We put six two litre bottles in the support vehicle for the two days but at the end of day one we only had two bottles left. I will triple the amount of water this time - allowing for guest appearances along the route. I plan to update the blog with more specifics and my training from here on (not that anyone reads it) so keep dropping in for a read now and again.
Or should I just have a party?

No comments:

Post a Comment