Monday 19 January 2009

This Year's Resolution and Goal's




I was out running 13K/8mi this morning with my pal Graham who has been helping me train for my eventual long treck across 'The Wall'. Up until this morning I didn't have a New Year's Resolution. More of a goal or several goals in fact. Most of those are to prepare for up and coming races and of coarse to run coast to coast across northern England.
But, while we were fighting against a freezing, wet wind and climbing one too many hills, I came up with a couple of resolutions. I must warn you, they are boring.
My first is to keep my workshop tidier. There are carpenters tools and bits of wood I've been saving left on the floor and on benches. Drives the missus barmy.
Next is I'm going to spend more time in the garden, especially attending the veg patch. There is nothing like eating food from your own garden I know. But it's getting out there in these cold months that makes me think it's not so bad popping to the shops and buying the stuff. Well so far this year I've prepared the raised beds for seeds and my next job is to tidy out the greenhouse and actually plant some of the seeds. See I told you they were boring. On a running/training related note. I've already started this one. I will stretch more, especially my ITB stretches. I will also keep updating and to log all of my activities on Buckeye Outdoors. http://www.buckeyeoutdoors.com/cgi-bin/training/traininglog
One other resolution that you may also notice I've started. I will use the more sensible metric measuring system in my blog first and the old Imperial measurement second.

Today's run: 13.89K/8.63mi in 1:23:30 average 9:40 pace 1,126 calories 2C/34F

No comments:

Post a Comment