Thursday 19 March 2009

A Great Time


My wife and I took a few days leave in the beautiful town of Bournemouth last week. The idea to take a break here was inspired by Steve Chopper's podcast A Mile With Me. http://www.amilewith.me.uk/ Steve's podcast is a virtual running travelogue. He describes the areas and towns he visits and interviews some very interesting people. While down there I had the opportunity to meet up with Steve for a run one evening along Bournemouth's sea frontand into the town itself. It was a cool evening and the front was teeming with other runners as it is most days and nights. Steve recorded our conversation as we talked about how the Hadrian's Wall fundraising for the Help For Heroes charity was going, beer and breweries, the great places my wife and I visited while down there and of course the White Peak's Swift Half Marathon.
The Swift Half and full marathon are two events that take place each year just outside Matlock in the Derbyshire Peak District. There will be quite a collection of podcasters and bloggers meeting for the event. With only two hundred places we had to move quickly to get our applications in. Both the marathon and half marathon events will run concurrently on Saturday 16th May and I look forward to meeting Steve again at the race.
As for our training update:
Stewart is doing fine. A couple of niggly aches but nothing he couldn't cope with.
Graham and Nolan are going great guns but they have the same old problems as many of us trying to fit their runs in between work and family life.
I'm still trying not to aggravate a now subdued ITB injury. My miles are still low but are increasing gradually as I become more confident that I'm not doing harm to a very painful running injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment