Thursday 26 March 2009

Graham's Pain

I've noticed there have been quite a few requests on the JustGiving (FirstGiving in the US) charity web site that one or two people would give money just to see Graham in pain or in some sort of discomfort. If it brings in the money, I will photograph every grimace and blister for you all. Even if I have to Photoshop them in for you and swear - on his life mind you - that they are for real.
But, really though. I would like to thank all of you guys and guyettes for your contributions to a great charity in support to for allies injured in the line of duty. Many of these personnel will have severe life changing injuries like loss of limbs and what we could possibly call normal bodily functions. The Help for Heroes charity help these people to cope the best they can with what the conflict dealt them. I know that many people of the countries that fought in the Iraq conflict lost their lives and that Stewart, Graham, Nolan and I are raising good money in the name of one of those heroes that lost his life. But please, let's not forget the heroes that not only survived, but have a new battle to now live the rest of their lives the way their mothers and fathers did not imagine there daughter's and son's to live.
If it means I can squeeze another couple of quid out of any of you, I will photograph the blisters on the feet of Nolan, Stewart and me and say they are all Graham's. I know Grey won't mind. He's a diamond geezer that will squeeze a blister on video for charity. Yes, I'm taking a video camera with us and if there's any blister squeezing to be done, I will capture it and post it on http://www.runcast.tv/.
To tell the truth, if there's any grimacing to be done it will be from anyone but Grey. The rest of us are big blokes and he has less meat on him than a butchers apron. As far as the training is going, he's overtaken Sally Gunnel and is trying to catch up with Paula Radcliff. If she can just stop for another couple of pee's, he might do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment